Snacks made from the tempe (fermented soya beans) are delicious as a crispy snack or a healthy addition to breakfast cereals. Tempe is highly nutritious and an excellent source of micronutrients. It is the main source of protein for Indonesians.
- High protein content (40%)
- High in polyunsaturated fats, including linoleic acid, which is an essential fatty acid and regulates cholesterol
- Contains 7 essential amino acids, methionine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, phenylaline, tryptophan and valine. It has a high level of lysine, which is deficient in cereals.
- Contains alpha-tocopherol (Vitamin E), which is an important anti-oxidant.
- Natural source of calcium and iron.
- Good source of B vitamins, thiamin, riboflavin and Vitamin B12.
These snacks are produced from soya beans and a natural inoculum, following a process developed by Baker Pacific with the Department of Food Technology and Human Nutrition, Institut Pertanian Bogor, Indonesia.
The snack is crispy, with a nutty flavour and distinctive appearance. It may be consumed in a baked, low fat form or fried. It is very suitable for additional flavourings such as salt, soya sauce, garlic, onion, chilli. The soya snack may be supplied in a kibbled form for addition to breakfast cereals or granola. To all these products, the tempe soya snack adds a natural source of protein, polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids and anti-oxidant.
For enquiries please request at Contacts page